Friday, January 1, 2016

Christmas!


So. Break is almost over, (why?  why do i have to go back to school? i am so not ready for this.) and I thought I would share some of the stuff I got for Christmas!

I'm really really excited about these, since my family does have a set, and I use them ALL. THE. TIME. when I get stuck in my writing, and now I have my own.  I love to use them to just throw a sort of random twist into my story and make it fit. I present to you Rory's Story Cubes!
I also made a little bag for them out of an old shirt that we were going to give away anyway.

I got chalk pastels too, and if you don't know what they are, it's basically fancy chalk. (I don't have any other way to explain it.  I don't know.)
But look how pretty these are!!!!
A lot of people use chalk pastels to shade polymer clay, and that's what I plan to do with these. 

I got a phone holder for my bicycle, which I actually really needed, cause, y'know, biking. I can't exactly just keep it in my back pocket, cause it'll fall out. Onto the road. It would be bad.  I'm not quite sure how it works yet, I'll need to figure that out before spring. :)

I also got a lot of books. 
I got No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, the founder of NaNoWriMo.  It's pretty much a step by step guide to writing a novel in a month, but it's also really useful for just writing a novel. I am going to use this so much. Seriously, in two years, this book is gonna be so beat up. 

I got the Nerdy Nummies cookbook (yay!) which came out in November, I think. It's so cool!  I'm probably gonna make at least one of the things in here before the end of break, probably the Nessie cupcakes. I mean, look at this!  So cute!

I got this book called The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron.
It's about unlocking your creativity, in a way.  I haven't gotten super far in it yet, but it's pretty good so far.

And then this. 
Fairy tales!  So so happy about this, since you know I'm a sucker for fairytales. This is also helpful for my fairytale stories. (Surprise!)

My dad really likes these books, this one is about the album Flood by They Might Be Giants. TMBG is one of my very favorite bands, and Flood is my favorite album of theirs. I haven't had a chance to look at this yet, but it seems cool. 

And then there's this. This is perhaps my favorite present that I got for Christmas. It's a unicorn. But it's a mug. It's the greatest. 
My tea is so majestical. It's amazing. 



That's it for this post!  What did you get for Christmas(or whatever you celebrate) this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for leaving a comment!